Barcode lookup finds too many "Item not founds"

Bill O.

New to Home Manager.  Over 50% of barcode scans come up empty.  If it wasn't for the ASIN feature, I would still be typing in data.  On the other hand, I can go out to BarcodeReader on the Internet and find my device.  I take the barcode off of BarcodeReader and manually enter it into the Home Manager lookup and it still returns a barcode not found.  That would seem to indicate that the current lookup is not a good for some items as BarcodeReader.  Any way to use multiple sources?  Seems that would be far more valuable than hoping the item is available on Amazon.  

Thanks

Can you give a example or 2 of What kind of items are you scanning ?  are these maybe food items that Amazon would not carry?  Sure we will take a look at another provider as a 2nd lookup source, will check out BarcodeReader to see if they have an API.

are you located in USA, using Amazon.com or another country?

None of these were food items.  Thankfully, most of what I inventoried in this room were also available on Amazon.  I have blended the Amazon available items into the listings so I can't recover each one separately.  An example is a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo where I scanned the UPC code from the actual item and it could not be found, then I went to the AMAZON number, and it put in another number for the UPC.  With BarCodeLookup.com online you can search by item name and up it came the Dymo printer with the same UPC as was on the bottom of the unit that couldn't be found by the native barcode scanner on HomeManager.

Some others:

Ameritron AL80B Amplifier 650619014426

MFJ MFJ-880 1.6 - 60 Mhz 2kw SWR/Wattmeter 605619025460

I will keep better track on this kind of event as I continue my inventory. 

Thanks,

Bill Ohrenberger

• 1 year later...