Values of Non-U.S. Coins

jim88

I have both U.S. and Non-US coins in my collection. I want to get a value for all of the coins regularly in U.S. dollars.

The non-U.S. coins are Australian and I only know their values in Aussie dollars.

I was thinking of creating a new collection and then moving my non-U.S. coins to that collection. Then get the value of them separtately and convert that to U.S. dollars. Then I would add the U.S. collection with the Non-U.S. and ge the total.

Does this seem like the best way to do it or is there a simpler way?

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

Kinda lost me there. All I can say, is for my foreign coins, I get the values from the NGC World Coin Price Guide and plug them into the values table. NGC usually only lists prices for grades 20, 40, 60 and 63. A lot of the times I will extrapolate out the rough values for the remaining grades.

Obviously the values will not be updated by the software developer, I will have to manually do that. It would be really nice if CM would be able to query the NGC World Price Guide to update these values automajically.

CP

Hi Bacon Slayer,

That is a good idea for my world coins to use the NGC World Coin Price Guide. I forgot about that. I was going to use the Krause guide and I still might compare the 2 prices but you have a good way to do it. Thanks for the feedback.

Jim