Understanding Cost Fields

Cliff Dillard

I am evaluating the software and trying to import from a prior system.   I need clarification on the cost fields, specifically SUBTOTAL, TOTAL COST, and ESTIMATED VALUE.

These fields do not show up when mapping data so I took my best guess, which appears to be incorrect.

Here is the scenario:   I have an item that I purchased 2 of at $25.00 each.   I now value them at $10 each.
On my current system the fields would be Quantity:2, Unit Cost: $25.00,  Unit Value: $10, Total Cost: $50.00, Total Current Value: $20
I mapped Unit Cost and Unit Value to users fields as I did not see where this was supported.
I mapped Total Cost to Base Cost (thinking this would equate to Subtotal)
I mapped Total Current Value to Current Value

But when I look at the item after import I see the following:
Subtotal $30.00  (so this appears to be calculated and I don't understand the algorithm)
Total Cost:  $50.00  (I expected Total Cost to be Subtotal plus taxes (which are zero) but it appears to have what I mapped into Base Cost.
Estimated Value:  $30 (another apparent calculation which I need to understand)

Could someone elaborate on these cost fields and how they are calculated?

Thank you.

Update:   After further review other items in the import appear to have followed the logic I expected.

The item in question was the first in the import file; perhaps something was corrupt with my file.