Coin Organization OCD

My OCD is making me reach out about how some of the sets are organized in Coin Manage Deluxe 2024.

One example is the US Mint Products section.

All of the Kennedy Rolls are listed under one heading “Kennedy Rolls (1964-Present)”; however, each one is a P-D set vs a P roll and D roll.

When it comes to the Westward Journey nickels, each series has its own section, “Peace Medal 2004”, “Ocean in View 2005”, “Bison 2005”, and “Return to Monticello 2006”.  Can these not be in the same category simply called “Westward Journey Rolls (2004-2006)”.  Also, each roll entry has a P and a D entry, unlike the Kennedy rolls.

My OCD screams for consistency and my brain hurts.

Can the Kennedy rolls have one entry for P and another for D?

Can the nickel rolls all be lumped together into one category?

I like the option for one entry for P and another for D; just in case I only have that specific roll.

Another one is the US Proof Sets.

Can there be a single category for the annual proof sets and then other categories for the “Limited Edition”, “Prestige”, “Silver Premier”, “State Quarter Set”, etc?  Same for the Uncirculated Mint Sets.  If a collector is literally only collecting the annual proof sets, those other ones throw off reports.

I was going to make these edits to my local download, but worried that it would be a waste of time and screw things up when updates/upgrades downloaded; making my entries invalid.

• 2 months later...

Hello fellow Coloradan,

I know this isn't the solution you have in mind, but this now works really well for me. I had the same problems as you when I first started using the program, so I decided to just create new types, denominations and varieties that fit into mental boxes that made sense to me.  It took a while but I got there in the end.  A hybrid approach would also work, where you use the categories that are in place already and then create new ones to fit categories that don't work for you.  Anyway, my 2 cents.