Stamp Data Manager 'Attempted an unsupported operation'

Jeff Lynch

Unsure why but since upgrading to StampManage Deluxe 2024 I am no longer able to update values/text within Stamp Data Manager-->Stamps - Text. I can still update fields within Stamp Data Manager-->Stamps - Image.

Each time I attempt to go to Stamps - Text (for any country/stamp category) i get 3-6 warning dialog boxes that state 'Attempted an unsupported operation.' and only option for this dialog box is 'OK'

I have already downloaded the latest file and reinstalled using the latest download mentioned in another post.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jeff

Did some poking around in the db (after taking a backup) to see if i could figure out something that might be causing it, but no luck...

However of note, I did find a few entries with a Suffix of '_' and therefore a ScottsNum of <Num>_ (example: 232_)

• 1164 = thinking should be an 'a' instead of an '_'
  • 2823 = i changed this to an 'a' i remember adding this in July and it does have my username in the 'CreatedBy' field.

EXTREME CAUTION WAS TAKEN WITH THIS, didn't want to lose any of the  8,000+ entries in my StampManage collection.

Correcting this and performing a 'Compact and Repair Database' allowed me to add 2823a to my collection and update it to add an image.

Still unable to head into Stamp Data Manager --> Stamps - Text to update any entries where i want to add the 2024 values from newly purchased price guide.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...