Cannot update status field with user-selected content

When using the Properties menu item (Actions >> Properties) for updating multiple selected coins in the database, CM does not allow for additional user entries to be made to the Status drop-down menu.  Editing coins individually via the Edit function allows the user to update the status with user-created values and retains them in the drop-down list for future selection; however, these new additions do not populate the drop-down list in the Properties menu dialog box and only 2 pre-programmed selections are ever possible:  Sent for Grading and Waiting for Delivery.

How to add/delete user-created values to drop-down boxes such as this?

PS: Love the software!  2500+ records created so far with many more on the way!

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked at this a couple of times since you first posted and I see the same thing you do, except for one thing.  My Status drop-down shows a third entry - 'Wish List' - which is persistent between records.  I believe that I put that entry there, but have no idea when or how I did it.  So, it does seem that it's possible to add user entries.

Out of curiosity, if you click on 'View By' at the extreme lower left of the screen and then change the arrow to down-facing, what do you see?  I just see a big red X and ***No Items***.  Seems like I should see something there since it's clear that there are 3 entries.

I see all of the of the assigned status values (default and user-created) for all of my entries.  I expect this as I know the manner in which reports are created in MS Access.  I only see the default 'Sent for Grading' and' Waiting for Delivery' selections in the properties  action for a multi-selection.  The dialogue box does not seem to select the same entries as programmed into the dialog box for individual coin properties (double-clicking on a coin).  Even if I type in a new status in a multi-select, it does not apply the value to the records , nor does it retain the value for future entries (much like the Current Location Field). 

Bueller... 

I can duplicate everything you see, but I can't find a workaround for it.  Under 'View By', some items, like Sets and Dealers, allow you to add & delete entries with a right-click.  Others, like Status and Customers do not. That seems to be the crux of the problem.  I guess we'll just have to hope that Admin will check in on this with some feedback.