Adding Error coins

Carradon

How do I go about adding error coins into the database?  It isn't necessarily obvious for example what variety of coin a blank planchet might be from, so I was attempting to add something equivalent to the "1 Cent" "3 Cents" types, from which I could add varieties.  I couldn't figure out how to add any kind of type.  I did try using the database editor, and that type appeared to be a "denomination" drop down, but I can't figure out if it's even possible to add something to the drop down list.  So I tried using "various", and added a "Error Lincoln Cents" as a "type name", leaving the rest of the fields blank.  However, attempting to add a coin using these from the "add coins" appeared to be bugged.  First, selecting "various", then the newly created "Error Lincoln Cents" type, auto filled some conditions and values that appeared to be simple copies of some hugely expensive coin.  Second, upon adding things like where I got the coin from, pictures, etc., adding the coin didn't actually do anything.  As far as I can tell, hitting both "ok" or "apply" led to nothing.   There is no ID for any new coin in my collection, so... yeah, not sure how to proceed at this point.  Assistance greatly appreciated.