Scanning into Coin Manage

Is there any guidance on scanning.  I have lots of coins and when the scanning works --- it is great.  But for some reason - it is like PCGS changed bar codes types for different years.  Some time scan works great - other times I get an extra zero or the number scans right but I get a message that the number does not exist.   Someone must know something to help ....maybe ?

we are working on the PCGS barcode scanning this week.  Not only to improve the Mac version but fix some issues with the Windows version.

Can you give a couple of examples of barcodes that do not scan properly?  I'm referring to the text string below the barcode

9954.69/12243906 

in the attached image for example

SCARCE BARCODE 2001 WTC TRADE CENTER SILVER EAGLE PCGS MS69 (3633NAM ...

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce I'm not sure if you have asked this question yourself but.... is the only way to enter PCGS slab coin via a barcode scanner? I'm new to the CoinManage program and I agree there is not much in the way of support for this subject (scanning coins). What type of scanner to use, settings, etc...

You can select “enter PCGS barcode” and manually enter the barcode info into the program.  If it finds the info great - if not you have to just use the add coin feature.  
I use a $35 bar code scanner from Amazon.  I have a lot of coins to enter and most do not scan - the scan adds extra info.  Too bad they don’t have good support - might be time to find a better supported.  Too bad because I like the program. 

Thanks for the info. Good to know someone else is running into the same issues a me. Yeah, kind of starting to feel the same way with support of this program. From what I've seen people do with MS access I know it could be done. Guess it's up to the company and the programmer. Was hoping for better things myself. thanks for the tip. I was thinking about getting a scanner but not if most coins don't scan in correctly, I'll pass and think about looking into another app.