New User - Few questions

Hi All,

I have noticed that a few people have asked about adding coins that are not already available for one reason or another. No one has answered those question. Is this something that will be added or is there a way to do this already?

Is there a way to import my current coins from a CSV file? If not, is this in the works?

Is there an attempt to have the Windows and Mac versions to have the same features/functions? It seems that they are quite different. 

I've noticed that once you have entered a coin, you cannot update the condition/value fields. Am I missing something?

• 1 month later...

I have asked some questions also.  I am not sure if the MAC version will ever be as capable as the windows version.   Too bad, MAC version seems cleaner.   I would like to see if we can get the indexing number visible.  In the windows version the CM record number is useful for duplicate coins with the same attributes.  I was hoping for a release of the MAC version that is field for field with Windows version.  Adding your own coins would also be very helpful.  

The catalog number, not sure what that does, I guess I could use that as a work around for the CM Record Number.

On 11/25/2023 at 9:05 PM, srburg7860 said:

isnt any real development

This is incorrect. Not sure what would lead you to believe this...We have released a couple of new updates in the last 2-3 months.  We are working on a new update for December.

On 11/25/2023 at 1:23 PM, PB Coin said:

I have asked some questions also.  I am not sure if the MAC version will ever be as capable as the windows version.   Too bad, MAC version seems cleaner.   I would like to see if we can get the indexing number visible.  In the windows version the CM record number is useful for duplicate coins with the same attributes.  I was hoping for a release of the MAC version that is field for field with Windows version.  Adding your own coins would also be very helpful.  

The catalog number, not sure what that does, I guess I could use that as a work around for the CM Record Number.

We will be adding a Database Manager feature to the program in the next few months.  To convert the Windows version data file to the Mac version we:

1/ Convert the COINDESC.MDB file to an SQLLite file.

2/ Rename a few fields, SQLLite does not accept fields with spaces so this is necessary.

3/ Add a few fields to the data file, a DeletedCoins table, etc...

The hard part about writing a conversion feature or program seems to be converting a file from MDB to SQLLite, we are still looking for a workable way to do this, if/when we find a way the conversion program should be doable.

Hi Mr Admin,

I just figured that there was no response to our questions about the Mac version, I just felt that it wasn't a priority. Obviously, we do not know what's going on in the background. That's why communication is so important. 

I'm a new user so I have no history with what has been done in the past.

The only concern that I have now is the "if/when we find a way".  Whatever feedback or testing I can do to assist, just let me know. 

Steve

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, PB Coin said:

Any Update?

Hi, we have added the CoinManage ID to the CoinManage Mac program as well as over 900 new varieties and maybe 100 more images so far.  We are still testing but hoping to get the next update out within the next week or so.

On 11/27/2023 at 9:03 PM, PB Coin said:

If you're looking for beta testers I also volunteer.  I love to help develop apps that make MAC’s great!

We use TestFlight by Apple to test the software on different Mac computers.  If you are interested in being a beta tester you can send an email to techsupport@libertystreet.com

We will then send you an invitation via TestFlight.  Thanks for the offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a new CoinManage user and just bought the printed manual for it hoping to figure out how to add coins not already in the database (Pages 88-91). I want to enter about 2 dozen ancients and some from Canada, Mexico, Britian, and Hawaii. Can you send directions for a step by step process that makes sense to an old guy?

RickHN