Is it possible to move/change coins from one Denomination to another Denomination?

CivilSavage

In the Coin Database Editor under Canada you have a denomination listing for "Collector Coins".  When reviewing I noticed that there are quite a few gold, platinum and silver bullion coins created within this denomination.  I would like to know if it is possible to move some of these coins from the Collector Coins denomination to a Bullion Coins denomination that I created for Canada without having to recreate the entries and keep all the existing details/images that are already listed for these coins?

image.thumb.png.49fc6b2a5c2d1de967846397ec1a7479.png

I've been trying to figure this out but haven't had any luck - I know that you can drag coins between collections, but they end up in the same bucket in the new collection.  The database editor won't let you change the denomination, but I'm sure there are good reasons for that.  I decided at the beginning to add all of my bullion / bullion-like coins manually and that has worked out well for me.  But, as a retiree, I have plenty of time to do that.

• 3 months later...

I think I figured it out.  First there is a video on how to move coins using the coin manager but that didn't work for me (Deluxe 2024).

I was trying to move bars from the World Bullion to the United States Bullion.

If you double click on the coin, "Coin Properties" will open.  and the country/demomination is highlighted.  In that block click where you want the coin to move so it is now highlighted and then select "ok" in the lower right.

Again, not sure this is the right way, but it seems to work so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't checked in for a while but was happy to see a response from another member.  I have the 2023 version and gave this a try.  Following the above method I was able to move a coin to the desired denomination/type that I wanted.  The image, values, content and grades carried over, however the year, and variety were recreated as new entries. 

For example, I added the 2014 Canadian Bald Eagle Platinum $5 Coin to my collection.  It added under Canada-->Collector Coins-->5 Dollar Platinum Coins.

image.thumb.png.1d37801f7a05707b9141d5f960e74f0c.png

After I did the move as described above it now displays in my collection under Canada-->Bullion Coins-->Platinum $5 but the information for the coins shows as 2023 Canada Maple Leaf instead of 2014 Canada Bald Eagle

image.thumb.png.90ad03d1bf8397edf463c279e451a871.png

Not sure if it is because I have the 2023 version instead of the 2024.  If I move it back to it's original denomination/type the correct year and variety information display again.