Assign a value to a Type?

sceptical

I recently got one of the King Charles III Definitive sets.  I've created a Type entry for that and then created variety entries for each of the coins.  I would like to assign a value to the Type entry and leave the individual coins valueless since they would only ever be sold as a set.  The Type value would need to be in a field that can be printed.

I'd think that a Type wouldn't normally have a value, although there is a Face Value field in the database editor.  That might work but I haven't been able to find it in the report editor.

Do you have any other thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Also, consider this a vote for adding additional user-configurable fields in the next version.  They're very useful.

Hi, so you have added new type called "King Charles III Definitive sets" and wish to set default values for that type?  right now, you could create a "variety" called "type" and change the value table to the values for that "type".

Whenever you are then adding a "King Charles III Definitive sets" select the Type variety and the appropriate grade.

It is a bit complicated to explain with text, if you need further clarification let me know it is a good subject for the next YouTube video.

I didn't explain the problem very well not least because, as you said, it's complicated using only text.  But, I think I found what I need with the three set dropdown boxes.  I created a 'King Charles III Definitive Set', a 'Set Value' set, and a 'Set Weight' set.  I can then just assign each coin to those three sets.  I'll then assign a percentage of the total cost (based on weight, I guess) to each coin.  I'll still end up with the correct total cost in the reports.  Speaking of sets - is there a way to delete old / unused entries from the dropdown box?

I would be very interested to see a video with your idea explained.  It sounds like it would be useful to have in my bag of tricks.  Thanks.

coinsinfo.png.acffa41b1a0671001bbc9dff83db31d7.png