Decompression Error when Installing on Windows 11

admin

We have some customers getting this decompression error when installing StampManage Deluxe on Windows 11.  We have reproduced it here.  The problem seems to be the Windows Defender anti-virus built in to Windows 11.  If it is temporarily disabled during the install, the install should complete without the error.  Intructions on how to do this is at:

How to Disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 11 | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

decompression-error.jpg

• 1 month later...

I see that 'OneDrive' is mentioned in the path, its a longshot but i have seen issues with syncing with onedrive cause issue with installation/updates of apps at work. Might be worth a try to pause its syncing (i believe 2hrs is the minimum, can always resume or restart to get one drive to resume synching)

Best of Luck

Jeff

15 hours ago, Jeff Lynch said:

I see that 'OneDrive' is mentioned in the path, its a longshot but i have seen issues with syncing with onedrive cause issue with installation/updates of apps at work. Might be worth a try to pause its syncing (i believe 2hrs is the minimum, can always resume or restart to get one drive to resume synching)

Best of Luck

Jeff

Yes, we have seen problems with OneDrive.  Try installing and making sure the data folder, images folder, etc.. are set to a folder local to your hard drive, not on OneDrive.

In the latest build of StampManage from about a monthy ago we have reduced the program install size and it should install quite a bit faster.  Are you installing from a recent build or an older version?