Russian Occupation Stamps-Database Error?

SteveH

It appears that there may be an error in the Stamp Manage database, unless I am misreading it.  If I am wrong perhaps the administrator or another member can explain to me.

Russia N1-N60 are Russian stamps issued under German and Finnish occupation during WWI and WWII.  Most are German and Finnish stamps with overprints.  But the description in the database and the picture do not match, and neither matches the Scott catalog.

As an example, Scott N10, per Scott, is a 40 pf Germania stamp with an occupation overprint issued in 1916.  The Stamp Manage database describes it as a 40 pf Hitler stamp, overprinted "Ostland" and issued in 1941.  The picture in the Stamp Manage database is a 3 pf overprinted Hitler stamp.

Scott N41, per Scott, is a 1pf gray black Hitler stamp overprinted "Ukraine".  The Stamp Manage database describes it as a 1pf blue stamp with overprint but links to a image of a 20pf blue Hitler stamp.

This appears to be a problem with this entire series.

Am I missing something here or is this entire series mislabeled in the database?

Thanks.

• SteveH changed the title to Russian Occupation Stamps-Database Error?

I am willing to take the time to correct these items using the "edit variety information" function if that is the best way to do it.   I will make the listings agree with the Scott catalog.  But will I be wasting my time because when I do an update it will restore the database to the incorrect items?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

After I installed StampManage 2024 I went through and corrected the database for these items.  I found that the database did not agree with Scotts and the images did not agree with either the database or Scotts.  I corrected the range N21-N60, almost all of which were mislabeled.

I uploaded these changes to StampManage and I can only hope they will review them and incorporate them in the next update so that it doesn't overwrite my database.