Reports - Print object first page only vs print object every page

sceptical

Hi,

I modified one of the canned reports for my specific needs, but there are a couple of things I can't figure out.  The report title object prints only on the first page, which is what I want.  However, the next two text objects - page number and date - print on every page.  What I'd like to see is this:

1) Print the page number on every page unless there is only one page.  In that case, suppress it.  Or maybe print something like 'Page [number] of [number of pages].  Ideally, I'd like to understand how to do both.

2) Only print the date on the first page.  Suppress it on the following pages, like is done with the Report Title.

There are a few things in the report designer manual that look like they might be the answer, but I'm not yet familiar enough with the reports to know exactly what to look for.  Can you provide some clarification?  Thanks in advance.

date2.png

Hi, have you looked at the Layers tab in the report designer.  In the 2 attached images you can see which objects only should appear on the 1st page.  In the 2nd screen shot you can see which objects should appear on every page.

Regarding item 1, there should be a way to set an appearance condition for the page number which will only result in it showing if the page count is more than 1 page.  I will look into it.

image.jpegimage.jpeg