Can not activate Home Manage

HeB

Hi,

I just purchased your Home Manage software and can not activate it.

I originally downloaded the demo and installed on my C drive. After I purchased the license, I decided that I wanted to install it on my USB drive, so I uninstalled the demo version. After that I used the download link in my email with the license key to reinstall to the USB drive which succeeded. After that I rebooted and started the Home Manage software and was greeted with the activate screen. When I entered the license code from the email, I got the message "License with the provided license key not found" and could not activate the SW (I was connected to the Web.) Also, I clicked the Run in Demo mode to see if the install was OK and Home Manage runs without problems in Demo.

I am running Windows 11 on a Lenovo laptop.

I guess my main question is, can I run Home Manage on a USB drive and is this causing the install problem? Also I notice my key that is in the email you sent is in the format of 4 groups of 4 letters and numbers and the activate screen shows a sample key with 6 groups of 4 letters and numbers - do I have the correct key??

Thanks

HB

Hi, did you email us about this?  I just replied to someone with a similar problem.  You may need to download the software again if you downloaded the demo weeks ago.  We have recently put up a build that uses the new licensing system.  

The problem with installing anything to a USB drive is there are usually very slow.  You should install the program itself, to your hard drive.  You can set the data & images folders to an external drive.  I would recommend an SSD drive such as Samsung S7, they are small and fast and coming down in price.

i again,

I checked my emails (and spam) and did not see any emails, so I don't think you responded to me. As and update, I did a few things...

Uninstalled HM (plus the program files data file paths created on my USB drive - C:>users>xxx>OneDrive>documents>HomeManage) and downloaded again and did the reinstall (everything to the C drive), rebooted and when I opened got the same error. I tried a fresh install on my wife's machine (Windows 10) and again got the same error. I attached a copy of the error screen. 

The install file I have is AssetMngH.exe and is 89.334KB and the key is 4 groups of 4 letters and numbers (all caps on the letters).

Any suggestions?

Clipboard.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 5:38 AM, M.P. said:

FYI,... I got an answer from the Support-Team per Mail with an new Key which work.

Anyone know how long it takes them to reply with an answer to the activation issue? I don't know if my email to techsupport@libertystreet.com got through or not.