upc lookup not working

Guest sbso@bellsouth.net

On 9/5/2021 at 12:57 AM, Guest Khyizang said:

Discovered there was a recent update I hadn’t installed. Things working fine after doing that. Thanks

Hi, yes we put in a new UPC lookup that uses a different provider. 

Welcome any comments as to whether the new UPC lookup returns better results for you than the old one.

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2021 at 4:58 AM, admin said:

Hi, yes we put in a new UPC lookup that uses a different provider. 

Welcome any comments as to whether the new UPC lookup returns better results for you than the old one.

I find that I am not able to find common items in the new database such as Apple items bought from the Apple store in Canada, Is this a know issue?

with the latest update you should be able to specify that amazon.ca is used to lookup items.  

Select TOOLS > PREFERENCES and then select Amazon.ca

if you don't see a dropdown are you using 2022 version?  May need to update (HELP  > CHECK FOR UP0DATES). from the main menu as we added this a month or 2 ago.

Guest Markinhfx
3 minutes ago, admin said:

with the latest update you should be able to specify that amazon.ca is used to lookup items.  

if you don't see a dropdown are you using 2022 version?  May need to update (HELP  > CHECK FOR UP0DATES). from the main menu as we added this a month or 2 ago.

Yes I am using the 2022 version and I do have amazon.ca as a preference still not getting the results….

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 1:36 PM, admin said:

Scan wasnt working for me either, changed to new amazon.ca and it seemed to resolve the issue.  It's now no longer finding items. I have Home Manage 2022. thanks

2 hours ago, koplowitz said:

Scan wasnt working for me either, changed to new amazon.ca and it seemed to resolve the issue.  It's now no longer finding items. I have Home Manage 2022. thanks

Hi, so the lookup was working after switching to amazon.ca, then it stopped working without any changes or updates?

Something is definitely not right with this new look up database... I recently purchased a Ninja Foodie with the barcode of 622356559362 upon scanning it the first time it came up as a beach towel........... this is with the amazon selector set to amazon.ca as I live in Canada, I then went to https://www.barcodelookup.com/622356559362 and it found the correct item, I believe this was the database that was used before?? I then tried setting the amazon to amazon.com and it did not return and values... 

@admin how can we get this fixed? Is it possible to also use the barcodelookup.com database in addition to the others? as an option?  I am running the latest version of HM22 and it is up to date

Thanks

Hi, if you go to www.amazon.ca and search for 622356559362  you will get that beach towel so it seems to be a problem with amazon.ca.

the barcodelookup appears to be better for canadian users as it is based in Canada and maybe they are getting better data for canadian products.  

We will look at adding barcodelookup.com back as an option,  its a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 9:55 AM, koplowitz said:

UPC lookup working on roughly 20 to 30% of scans.  Any help would be appreciated

Hi, could you enter a few of the codes that don't work directly into the amazon.ca search box.  Do they return any results?