Items keep reappearing under Disposed Asset

ComputerGeek

I have a video showing the problem. It's too large to attach. Here's a download link. (View the download file. Playing it from cloud may be blurry)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GQj5e4_2Rb0i9KKtfUg5CQVcSPEhAku1/view?usp=sharing

How does an item become a Disposed Asset? I'm not sure why, but some items appear as a Disposed Asset. I can correct an item to put it back under Main Residence but when I exit and restart the program, the item is back under Disposed Asset again. fyi.. in the video you'll see I renamed Department to Room

1. Notice the first item in the Disposed Asset display. It's a Foot Controlled Dimmer. Note the line item under Disposed Assets shows its Room is Living Room
  2. I open the item. Item properties show both Location and Room fields are blank. (I don't know they became blank but watch what happens when I try to fix it)
  3. I update Location and Room, click OK and the item is moved to Main Residence/Living Room. It's removed from Disposed Assets. All looks OK now.
  4. I exit and restart the program
  5. But now the Foot Dimmer is back in Disposed Asset again. I didn't capture it in the video but when I open the item to see Properties, its Location and Room and blank fields again!

Hi, an item is placed in the disposed asset folder when any of the sold fields are not NULL.  For example, selling price, sold for, etc.

the reason for this is that a sold item is considered not in your possesion anymore once it is sold.

could this be the issue?  Will take a look at your video as well.

sold-items.png

Gotcha. That makes sense. I was using Date sold and Sold To for other reasons. (A Date and text field were conveniently located next to each other for what I wanted.) I'll change field usage and try again. Thanks. You can mark this one closed.

Speaking of date: did you see my other post. A user define defined date field won't accept a 2 digit month or 2 digit day. was part of the reason i reused something else

• 2 weeks later...

@ComputerGeek I've noted the same issue in a post from a version or two ago of HomeManage. The explanation that I got was that the time/date fields in the application use the System locale date/time formats. But that explanation doesn't explain why I cannot enter 2 digits in either the day or month fields of the date. I have a default install of Windows 10 Pro on my machine and I have not changed the date/time setting. I checked the system locale setting for date, and it is M/d/yyyy. I've created two user-customized date fields to add Item Shipped and Item Received data to the asset record, and the date format used for them should be M/d/yyyy according to Admin. But I cannot enter a 2-digit month or a 2-digit day in either field. However, I have no problem entering a 2-digit month or day in the Date Bought field.

So it seems that HomeManage interprets the M/d/yyyy to mean that only 1 digit can be used for each of the month and day user-customized fields. It's broken and needs to be fixed but I've gotten no traction on that.