Help with Multiple Plate Block Numbers??

Ken

The post office seemed go out of control with plate numbers and other simbols.  How do you manage 6 plate numbers and Zippy and Mail early in the Day in StampManage

By my collection plate numbers were going fine until 1961 when Scott #1190 received two numbers.... So does a Plate Block of 4 stamp become a block of 6 stamps?  And then what happens when the entire edge has 4-5-6 plate numbers with Zippy and other writing?  

Then how does StampManage handle a Plate Block of 5 or 6 stamps.... Zippy???

Please help, there must be a coin collecting school solution

Ken

A Paul video could help, I cant be the onlyone with this problem.

I'm not sure adding a field addresses the problem -- I perceive.  Over time the "plate number" change, from a true printed number to a number used to align the printers and then changes two more times (1981) to "111111" to a sole number....3.  Are the 111111 a plate number?  is the number 2 or 3 a plate number?

My request is to have a coin expert review whole sheets/plate blocks and make a recommendation as they change over time.    I am a beginner who inherited a "plate block" collection, so my opinion isn’t very valuable, but entering them in Stamp Manage gets clunky as the years change.  In my opnion the later numbers are not a plate number as in the early years --- maybe alignment marks....

Thanks for listening.

Ken