how do new coins get added to own DB?

MattGinAZ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are adding the new 2023 coins for the next free update for 2023 customers.  If you are using 2023 it would be better to let us add it otherwise you will see duplicate listings.

Here is a video showing how to add coins to the database.

The thing I always fall into:  USM puts out new coin releases throughtout the year but those coins have not yet been added to the CM database.  I tend to want to add a coin I ordered and/or received immediately so I don't forget to enter it, but because it is not in the current database release I have to make a new record which will then cause creating a duplicate when CM enters it and makes a mess of the database.  To resolve this, sometimes I have to enter the new coin as the previous year's coin and make a notation -- which I will forget -- that the record I temporarily created will have to be altered when it is finally added to the CM database update or release.  I've tried many different ways and used many of the various fiels to remind me but it always fails somehow.

I'm so confused -- ah-gain.  But that's normal for me.

Here's another question, or example:  One year I installed CoinManage on my main-use computer and I also installed it on may alternate computer.  My alternate computer crashed and I was not able to uninstall it on that computer, and also my main computer is different also.  The questions is: will I ever have the ability to again run CM on both my main and new alternate computers without having any erros that the program resides on a computer that has failed in the past but wasn't released?  Contact me if you do not understand my question.  Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MavMar said:

I am new to CoinManage Deluxe 2023 (as of today). I am attempting to add 2023 Austrian Philharmonic 1.5 Euro coins. I have read the help file, but I do not see the Add Type button in my display. How do I add a new type?

Hi, we have a couple of videos on this subject.  I believe the button is called "New Type" not "Add Type".  Playlist for the videos is at:

On 8/22/2023 at 1:28 PM, RASRAS said:

Here's another question, or example:  One year I installed CoinManage on my main-use computer and I also installed it on may alternate computer.  My alternate computer crashed and I was not able to uninstall it on that computer, and also my main computer is different also.  The questions is: will I ever have the ability to again run CM on both my main and new alternate computers without having any erros that the program resides on a computer that has failed in the past but wasn't released?  Contact me if you do not understand my question.  Thanks. 

Hi, it looks like the activation code for the 1st computer needs to be released for re-use.  Since the computer crashed you can email us the activation code and we can relesae it online.

If you still had access to the 1st computer you can easily release an activaiton code within the program using the menu selection:

TOOLS > LICENSING > DEACTIVATE LICENSE

Thanks for the help. I am able to add the Austrian 1.5 Euro Philharmonic to the database, but it is not available in the Add Coin(s) dialog box in the Add New Coin menu. My DB shows it has been added, but it does not show up when I do a text search. I tried "Update Data File", no change. I restarted the program, no change.AddCoinScreen.thumb.png.a6ec606d7a41a10db6c63b25d43bc76a.pngMissinginTextSearch.thumb.png.516e3f0517b5a1676087bb8b68b5bcc5.pngAddedtoDB.thumb.png.fd671e680c0de86a3c54a9b5d452d64c.png

Not selectable.png

Thanks for the info, Paul.

As I mentioned, this had happened some time ago on my old desktop computer.  So I installed a second copy on my laptop computer.  I had forgotten all about it when I rebuilt a new desktop computer and added CM.  I'm thinking this was back either in 2018 or 2019.

For right now, I do not need the use of a second computer.  But I will attempt to add the laptop probably within a month or so.  I will try and see if there becomes no issue adding a second copy and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the help. 

To MavMar -- the reason that it does not show up is because, you created the coin to be in the database but you have not added the coin as a record in the database.  So now you press the Add Coin button (the first icon that looks like a coin with a + sign), find the coin in the database you created, and fill it all the information and save; you'll notice the the CM record number.

To MavMar -- 

Just keep in mind to always drill down until you find the coin.  If you cannot find the coin you're looking for, you can either create it yourself or ask CM to create/add it.

Basically, when you cannot find  a coin you’re looking for, search in the CoinManage Coin Database.  If it is not there it has to be added using the Coin Database Editor, which allows you to enter a coin – type variety, etc.  But at that point it just enters it into the database and does not inventory it into a collection.  So, once it is placed into the database, then you inventory it by using the “Add Coin to Collection” or “Add Coin(s)" function.

Edited by RASRAS
sentence quotation mark