Can't add a coin image if the stock image is variety

When I add coins to My Collection, I like to add images of the actual coin I own. I am able to do this for most coins. However, if the coin type I am adding already has a special variety image that shows as the stock image, I am unable to change the image on the coin I am adding to My Collection.

As an example, the 1979-S Jefferson Nickel Type2 and Type1 have stock images that are different than the stock image for routine Jefferson Nickels. When I am adding my coin to My Collection, and I go to the Images tab (regardless of whether I select Obverse, Reverse, Image 3 or Image 4), and click Select Image; a window pops up where I can select the image I have in my files, but when I click Open, the image does not appear for the coin I am adding.

Hope this makes sense.

22 hours ago, MtnTroll said:

When I add coins to My Collection, I like to add images of the actual coin I own. I am able to do this for most coins. However, if the coin type I am adding already has a special variety image that shows as the stock image, I am unable to change the image on the coin I am adding to My Collection.

As an example, the 1979-S Jefferson Nickel Type2 and Type1 have stock images that are different than the stock image for routine Jefferson Nickels. When I am adding my coin to My Collection, and I go to the Images tab (regardless of whether I select Obverse, Reverse, Image 3 or Image 4), and click Select Image; a window pops up where I can select the image I have in my files, but when I click Open, the image does not appear for the coin I am adding.

Hope this makes sense.

HI, we are going to take a look at this and see if we can reproduce it here.  Adding your own image should obviously override any stock image.  Will see if that does not happen in your scenario.

I'm thinking what you're looking for is: going to the Tools - CoinManage Database Editor, go to the the coin you're looking for, select on that coin, on the bottom right you see that coin's picture and under that it has a Browse button -- if you want that picture it shows to be a picture you have stored on your harddrive, etc.,browse for it and select it, if all is good, then click the OK button all the way to the left where the  OK    Close     Remove     New Type     buttons are.  Then go and add the coin to the database.  That's the way I roll. 

3 hours ago, RASRAS said:

I'm thinking what you're looking for is: going to the Tools - CoinManage Database Editor, go to the the coin you're looking for, select on that coin, on the bottom right you see that coin's picture and under that it has a Browse button -- if you want that picture it shows to be a picture you have stored on your harddrive, etc.,browse for it and select it, if all is good, then click the OK button all the way to the left where the  OK    Close     Remove     New Type     buttons are.  Then go and add the coin to the database.  That's the way I roll. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I think this method changes the default image for all coins of that particular type. I just want to change the image for a single coin in My Collection.