How to create a filtered report based on a selected field's value

dealio

I'm trying to create a report of all the smart lights I have added to the data base so that I can insure that I got all the serial numbers, and other details correctly recorded. I've created a new category called "Smart Light" and applied it to each light added. But I cannot figure out how to do a simple filter of the data in the report designer, where Category = "Smart Light".

Second problem. I reviewed the video on YouTube about creating reports. I followed the steps in the video to select the fields that I wanted in the report, but found that the field selector (Available Fields, I think), excludes many fields, including several that I want to include in the report. Is there another way to create the report I want with all the fields I need? The filter I want to use and the fields I want to include are listed below:

Filters:

• Category = "Smart Light"

Fields for Smart Light report

1. Asset #
  2. Image 1
  3. Brand Name
  4. Model Number
  5. Status
  6. Invoice/PO #
  7. Date Bought
  8. Serial Number
  9. MAC Address (wireless)
  10. Location/Room
  11. Field 1 Name = "HomeKit Code" (this is a user-defined field: User Field 20)
  12. Field 1 Value                                 (this is a user-defined field: User Field 21)
  13. Field 2 Name = "Host Name"      (this is a user-defined field: User Field 22)
  14. Field 2 Value                                (this is a user-defined field: User Field 23)
  15. Field 3 Name                               (this is a user-defined field: User Field 24)
  16. Field 3 Value                                (this is a user-defined field: User Field 25)

The bold labels are the names I gave to user-defined fields listed to the far right of the field name above within parentheses.

TIA

David

Thank you. Somehow I missed the video before. I'll check it out.

Seems like you're also saying that user-defined fields cannot be included in reports currently.

If I understood that correctly, then I cannot create the report I want because the vital fields I need in the report are user-defined fields.

Please confirm.

Thanks

David